Friday, May 29, 2009

The Holiness of God

I am currently reading a wonderful book "The Knowledge of the Holy" by A.W Tozer. Have to include that before I started on this book, I had been quite discouraged. In today's climate for Christians sometimes I feel sometimes like I am surrounded by wolves-so I go to the Word. I read through many Chapters of Job and I came away with Joy!! If you have ever read Job, you probably (I didn't) think Joy, ever came to my mind!!But this time in my state of discouragement, I found Joy!! Job even in his horrendous condition, aknowledged that God was in Control of everything and under God's timing not ours!!That Job aknowledged that God's Wisdom was beyond his comprehension!!
I dont want to focus on the circumstances, but many times I have found that I can't help myself!! And that is where "I" fail!! I find myself exactly where I tell myself I will not be.But without fail-I go to my source,my Creator and I am never disappointed!!I am a weak being that cannot do anything that My Savior has not allowed me to do.When I am weak he is made strong, and I so appreciate even my weakness, in it God gets Glorified!!!
Back to the A.W Tozer book.I wanted to share a exerpt from this wonderful book.This man of God died in 1963 and in this book conveys the problems that are seeping into the American Church-his words are wise and give a glimpse into the "why" the Churches in America took a wrong turn!!He highlights God's Holiness, and that we need to think Rightly of God!! The exerpt following is from a chapter named "The Self-Suffieciency of God" That, men that think in any way, that God needs us to help him, is not thinking rightly of God!!

To be right we must think worthily of God. It is morally imperative that we purge from our minds all ignoble concepts of the Deity and let Him be the God in our minds that He is in His Universe.The Christian religion has to do with God and man,but its focal point in God, not man.Man's only claim to importance is that he was created in the divine image, in himself he is nothing.The psalmist and prophets of the the Scriptures refer in sad scorn to weak man whose breath is in his nostril who grows up like the grass in the morning only to be cut down and wither before the setting of the sun. That God exists for Himself and man for the glory of God is the emphatic teachinf of the Bible.The high honor of God is first in heaven as it must yet be in earth. A.W Tozer-The Knowledge of the Holy

No comments:

Post a Comment